Mederma® Advanced Gel
Take control of your scar
A scar is something that happens to you—and most of the time, you have little control over where and how the scar forms. If it's in a noticeable place, you might try to hide it. Maybe you wear your hair long to cover a scar on your face. Or long pants all summer to hide a scar on your knee or leg.
With Mederma® Advanced Gel, you don't have to hide your scar. You can take charge of your appearance and regain your confidence.
Mederma® Advanced Gel is serious skin care for scars. It's clinically shown to improve the softness, texture and overall appearance of scars.
NEW 1x daily
Upon application Mederma® Advanced Gel will restore moisture to scars and should be evenly applied and gently rubbed into the scar once a day for 8 weeks on new scars, and once a day for 3-6 months on old scars. Apply Mederma Scar Gel as soon as your wound has closed.
- What is Mederma ® Advanced Gel?
- Mederma ® Advanced Gel is the first OTC topical gel created to help reduce the appearance of scars. It's made from a proprietary botanical extract to form a greaseless gel that is pleasant-smelling, easy to use, and most importantly, effective.
- When should I start using Mederma ® Advanced Gel?
- As soon as your wound has healed or your sutures have been removed. Or, start using Mederma ® Advanced Gel immediately on older scars.
- Who should use Mederma ® Advanced Gel?
- Anyone with a scar can use Mederma ® Advanced Gel. When used as directed, it's safe for all ages. However, some people may be sensitive to its ingredients, so if you experience persistent itching, swelling or scar discoloration, stop using Mederma ® Advanced Gel immediately. If symptoms persist, you should contact your doctor.
- So what makes Mederma ® Advanced Gel different?
- Well first of all, Mederma ® Advanced Gel is the #1 doctor and pharmacist recommended product for scars in the United States*. It's also an invisible topical gel. So, unlike cosmetic pads or silicone sheeting, your scar management is never noticeable.
*.IMS Health, NDTI. December 2015
- Does Mederma ® Advanced Gel make scars disappear?
- No product can make scars disappear completely. But Mederma ® Advanced Gel can help them appear softer, smoother and less noticeable.
- What is Cepalin ® ?
- Cepalin ® is the proprietary botanical extract used in Mederma ® Advanced Gel. It’s part of the Mederma® formula that works to improve the overall appearance, texture, and color of scars.
- Can't I just use a store brand scar product?
- While store brand scar products may share some of the same ingredients as Mederma ® Advanced Gel, they are not the same as Mederma ® Advanced Gel. Mederma ® Advanced Gel is a patented formula, with a proprietary ingredient, Cepalin ® , and it cannot be duplicated.